Children and youth reach their full potential
Children and youth are successful, children and youth are healthy, children, youth, and their families are secure and resilient
- Collaboration – Calgary and Area RCSD team members work cooperatively and share responsibility and accountability for designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the operations of the RCSD. Calgary and Area RCSD strategic planning reflects team members’ organizational perspectives, mandates, and resources.
- Shared Leadership - Participating organizations provide the collective leadership and oversight required to ensure effective and efficient functioning of the Calgary and Area RCSD.
- Team Based – Calgary and Area RCSD is guided by the collective vision, goals, and actions of participating partners.
- School & Community Linked – Calgary and Area RCSD provides supports and services that are inclusive, responsible, flexible, timely, accessible, and effectively promote successful child/youth, and family functioning within school, home, and community life.
- Persistent - Calgary and Area RCSD, when faced with challenges or setbacks, continues working toward issue resolution that meets the goals of the strategic plan.
- Family Voice and Choice – Family and child/youth perspectives are intentionally elicited, prioritized, and incorporated into Calgary and Area RCSD planning and service delivery.
- Natural Supports – Calgary and Area RCSD utilizes, to the greatest extent possible, sources of natural support to children/youth, families and partners in providing supports and services.
- Culturally Responsive – Calgary and Area RCSD's supports and services demonstrate respect for and build on the values, preferences, beliefs, culture, and identity of the child/youth and family, and their community.
- Individualized - Calgary and Area RCSD's supports and services will be personalized to meet the unique needs of children, youth and families.
- Strengths Based - Calgary and Area RCSD's supports and services build on and enhance the capabilities, knowledge, skills and assets of the child/youth, family, and participating partner organizations and communities.
- Data Informed - Calgary and Area RCSD gathers, analyzes and utilizes data in the form of observable or measurable indicators of success, monitors progress in the terms of these indicators, and evaluates achievement of agreed-upon goals and outcomes through use of this data.