Calgary and Area RCSD includes:
- Children and youth who are registered with Alberta Education in Early Childhood Services (ECS) to Grade 12 and who have mild/moderate needs in the areas of Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Pathology, Physical Therapy and Mental Health.
- Children and youth who attend a public school program (provided by public or separate school jurisdictions, or charter schools), a private school program, a private ECS operator program, an institutional education program, a home-bound program or home education program, or an alternative program such as online, blended or outreach education.
- Children and youth who have a low incidence disability, including blind/low vision, deaf/hard of hearing, deaf-blind and significant communication disabilities requiring the use of a speech generation communication device or augmented communication support.
- Children and youth who need a coordinated plan for wrap-around service delivery through a cross-system, multidisciplinary team approach.
- Children and youth with complex needs between the ages of 0 and 20 years old. These are children and youth who require significant, extraordinary care due to the severity of their impairment(s) and require services from more than one ministry.
Calgary and Area RCSD puts emphasis on building the capacity of the school, community and family alongside the child. School-based staff, educators, families, service providers and community partners are able to access cross-sector training, capacity building and skill development to strengthen their ability to meet the needs of children and youth.
A continuum of supports and services are provided through our partner organizations; please contact your school’s resource team or health care provider to obtain more information.